Friday, September 23, 2011

G+ (Google Plus) and Me

Just, wow.  In less than 24 hours I have connected with more kindred, writerly souls than I ever linked-up with before.  All the support and even the chatter has motivated me in ways that I haven't been in a long time.  I am in awe of the kind words, encouragement, and just plain love going out to the NaNoWriMo'ers all around the world.  I feel as though I'm a part of something.  Something big, important.  Lifting one another up, what a novel (heh heh) idea.  I can't wait to keep up with you all, patting you on the back, crying with you as we curse the dwindling clock.  Sappy though I may be, my heart has been touched in ways it hasn't since we all held hands across America when I was a kid.

I got a ton done on the front of organizing and outlining my new NaNoWriMo project.  Got two character bios completely finished and the main outline about 3/4 of the way done.  Now to hop back in and try a bit more before the night-night meds claim my thought processes.

Scrivener, please extend our Beta PC version to last until after NaNo!  I'd be lost without you now, you've reclaimed the office wall that used to hold Post-It's and replaced it with clean, un-jumbled space.

Good night, G+eniuses!

1 comment:

  1. Well said. Though I've been working on design and less on characters (which I really should get started on rounding/finishing them out), I love the motivation that G+ and NaNos are giving me. I love that it's so easy to connect with people, that you have ample, and easy, amounts of privacy, and how great it is to share/ask questions/find a loving community. :)

    ReplyDelete